Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm a Nesting Maniac

You know how every pregnancy book on the planet mentions that at some point you'll have a "nesting instinct"?

I remember when I was pregnant with L and I totally thought nesting was a myth...until it hit me.
My current nesting instinct is in full swing. I want to clean the entire house with a toothbrush (I'm not actually doing that but I wish I was). I'm purging everything I can lay my hands on that we don't use or need. I'm reorganizing and collecting all the baby goodies we'll need to have on hand a few (ahem, four) months from now. I took a load of stuff to Goodwill this morning and am headed to the children's consignment store this afternoon.  

I'm obsessing about cute cloth diapers and baby clothes (see all those cute diapers in the photo up above? Aren't they wonderful? They're essentially new and I scored them on Craigslist for an excellent price). My husband doesn't quite understand my love of the cloth diapers. I'm pretty sure he thinks I need to join Cloth Diapers Anonymous.

But I didn't get to obsess about this stuff very much last time and I'm enjoying it. I'm sure my husband and daughter think I'm a maniac. At 10pm the other night I had J get me a few things down from the attic. He was confused as to why I needed them at 10pm and I couldn't explain. It's a compulsion. But he's being an excellent sport. He reorganized several cupboards and drawers in our kitchen for me last week all on his own.

Oh, the little things that make a nesting pregnant woman happy!

Did you go crazy nesting while you were pregnant? 

This post is part of Just Write

4 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to all of this!I am soooo excited about cute colorful cloth diapers and the new Ergo carrier i just got in the mail! I truly wish i had these items the last four pregnancies, but I am just gonna be thankful for what I have.:)All healthy,happy and beautiful children.I feel like I've been turning the house upside down latley, trying to get organized before baby comes.and i too am up till late sometimes organizing or cleaning haha.I wish you all the best! And can hardly wait to meet your little one too.Hugs<3 Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to know I'm not the only one! I'm glad you're trying cloth diapers and you're going to LOVE the Ergo!!! Can't wait to meet the little guy!

      Delete
  2. I don't tell many people this little tidbit, but your confession is spurring me on. I washed Vivi's baby clothes three times before she was born. As in, took out the folded clothes from the drawer and washed them again. In DREFT! How little did I know then. But it sure did smell great. Am I a walking cliche or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I totally washed all L's clothes in Dreft before she was born! I only did it once since we were using a laundromat but still...I would have washed them more had it been an option! I scrubbed the inside of the boat repeatedly though before she was born : )

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...